Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


As I contemplated my Thanksgiving blog, something kept creeping into my thoughts - I am very thankful for the young ones in my life. Besides the youth group at church that I lead, my neices and nephews and all the babies I see and those I get pix and emails about, I am even thankful for the baby I see at the grocery store or strolling down the street. Maybe this thought keeps coming into my being because I need to be reminded of the circle of life. We lost my mom-in-law in November and it was a rough patch. The kids and young adults in my life (including my son, Wade) brought me peace and joy when I needed it most. Of course the kids in my life can also cause the rough patches (right, Wade? - LOL).

So I went out and asked them what they were thankful for, thinking it would be cell phones, Wii, DVDs, cars, etc. Guess what? They, like most of us, are most thankful for family and friends. Top two on almost everyone's list. Some of the other things they are thankful for are surfing, Johnny Depp, Jesus, car air fresheners, the little plastic things at the end of a shoelace, dancing, singing, laughter, beer, the price of gasoline going down, passing the midterm exam, nature. And thanks to Pamela (9-yrs.old) for her top five: family, pets, the love we share, food that God sends us to nourish us and get us through life and shelter to keep us safe and warm.

The uscity.net family wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment