Tuesday, October 23, 2007

World Series – Boston Cream Pie and Rocky Mountain Oysters


Click anywhere on this post for ticket info and everyone enjoy the Series!

I must admit I’m not a big sports fan, especially just watching sports on TV. I do the Super Bowl thing because I love to eat and it’s a great excuse for making and eating finger foods that I am much too fond of.

BUT, it’s official now, according to my Boston friend Beverly (we call her Boston Bev) who came in glowing at church tonight and shouted “How ‘bout those Red Sox?!?!”

I knew that Boston had won their division (or is it called league??) but wasn’t sure about the other side -- she, however, let me know EXACTLY what was happening! They are playing a new team called the Colorado Rockies. She tells me it is the Old Timers vs. the New Kids on the Block.

So, I decided to check out our tickets sales and see if they were up yet, and THEY ARE!

You can buy tickets now for the World Series, so check them out now – because they are HOT! HOT! HOT!

You can even buy tickets for The Rockies’ first games of 2008.

I will watch some of the series, I am sure – after all, I am an American with a husband who will be screaming at the TV and we all know what quality time there is to be had in front of TV with your man watching one of his favorite sports…

Now, for my part, I guess it will be making typical ballpark food – hot dogs with chili, soft pretzels and of course, peanuts and Cracker Jacks! And maybe some Boston cream pie or Boston baked beans in honor of my friend, Bev’s team.

But then I thought about Denver, and, well. the only specialty food I can think of from Denver is those Rocky Mountain Oysters…. Hmmm… I wonder if my cousin, John, the butcher has any bull testicles lying around…. Nah, we’ll skip that at have some Rocky Mountain Coors instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment